Friday, April 20, 2007

Bienvenido a mi blog

I just arrived in Buenos Aires less than a week ago. To be exact, it was last Saturday night. And for those who don't know, I'm here to stay. Buenos Aires will be my home for years to come. It's been a long wait to get here, approximately 2 years. Now that I'm finally here, it's hard to fully get my head around the fact that this city is my home. It's not just a cool place where I am on vacation. Or even a temporary home, like going away for a college term. It's going to be my permanent home. Somehow during the next weeks and months, I will become a porteño (resident of Buenos Aires).

I haven't taken a single photo yet but I love this one from my visit here in 2005. It was in San Telmo, an old and lively barrio (neighborhood) of the city with many antique shops, street vendors, and outdoor performers. This little girl was playing her violin in the street with her mother and father. She played very well and very seriously, surprisingly so for one so young.

I'm a long way from California, Toto. Hopefully nobody will drop a house on me.





No comments: